Two Shirts

In the end, I did not make a shirt dress for a little girl; however, I used the principles for making a couple of button down shirts for me. I made the first shirt within a week of the project post, and the second one just yesterday with my sister-in-law.

I tried a mandarin collar for the grey pinstripe on the top, which didn't turn out so well. Fact: A man's neck is larger than a woman's neck. The second shirt has a simple bias tape for the collar. When buttoned up all the way it looks smock-like to me, but I prefer to leave it open. The sleeves I found a bit tricky and I am still not very confident when it comes to proper sleeve construction, but they work.

I had a great time making these and feel good about the "green" aspect!


  1. they look really good. i especially like the bottom one. this is a really good idea. it makes me want to try something for myself. but i have so many other projects to do first.

    thanks for always participating!

  2. I just recently found your blog and am really enjoying it! Thanks so much for the inspiration - I have listed you as an award recipient on my blog. You can play along if you wish!

  3. Awesome! Way to convert it to something for YOU! I need to try that.