I finally got around to making my pleated skirt. I apologize that it has taken so incredibly long. I not only moved this month, but it is also my busiest month for work. But, yesterday once I finally got started I was amazed at how fast this whipped together. I would say it took me a total of 4 hours.
I did make a couple of changes to the skirt. First of all I realized once I started that this was going to be a very high waisted skirt - so instead of fighting it I decided to go for the 1950's high waisted thing that is very popular right now. I added even more height to the waist by trading out the facing for a waist band and then adding a button to close it off at the top.
Overall I am pretty happy with the outcome. It is much more loud than most things that I wear, which is good for me. It came together very easily and fit perfect. I might have one more of these up my sleeve in a more subdued version.