For October's project we are going decor. I have had a goal of making pillows for my couch for, well, years. My problem is that I tend to dream too big. All I want is three couch pillows, but I want to make seasonal slipcovers for each of them (now we are up to 12 pillows) and then a few holiday inspired ones as well (Christmas, New Years, Easter, Halloween, National Waffle Day, ...ect). See my problem? So to solve this problem I haven't done any at all. Well, I did go to the thrift store and bought three pillows to make the slipcovers for...and i did wash them.
Then Kelli and I had a revelation. We pick the projects, so why not pick projects that we want, need, or have been putting off doing. Genius. And incredably selfish. So, this month's project is pillows! Simplicity 4108 to be exact. Thankfully, many of us creative DIYers have the same problems and projects lined up. Lets do them together. And please, don't judge the project by the pattern cover. There are a ton of different options with this pattern and in the end it's all about fabric choice. Plus, you have two weeks to pick yours out, unless you are this month's giveaway winner and in that case I'll send fabric and the pattern right to your door!
Last month's giveaway was a huge success! So, let's keep the ball rolling. You can sign up for our giveaways between the 15th and 22nd of every month. Here is the fabric to win this month. All three are 3/4 yard home decor fabric. And remember pillows aren't just for couches.
Here is how it works:
What presserfoot will do:
- we will provide you with next month's pattern
- we will provide you with some awesome fabric to make the pattern
- we will do a short feature on our blog about you and your blog (if you have one)
- we ask that you make the pattern in the month given with the fabric
- we ask that you be an author on our blog for that month and make at least 4 posts during the month about your experience making the pattern.
- you will need to get your own notions, interfacing etc...