2.22.2010

Alternate Ribbon Accessory (flowers)


As I have been experimenting with different belt options I came to the realization that I didn't need the same exact belt in multiple colors. We started with 3 different back band options but we now enter "1 belt 10,000 different ways." I found this tutorial on Craft Wise for making these fabric flowers. I altered the sizes and shapes slightly to crate a little variation and visual interest.

1. Follow the tutorial steps 1 through 4 on Craft Wise.
2. Instead of hand sewing the center of the flower I used the circle button hole stitch on my machine to both secure the petals and attach the flower to the belt.


3. I bought small sphere buttons and attached them through the center of each flower. I had planned on hand sewing them through, but the vinyl proved too tough for me. Instead I clipped off the back button loop with some wire cutters and hot glued them in place. They seem really secure, but we shall see if they hold in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment