1. complete ribbon prep (click here)
2. Find the center of the ribbon, fold in half, measure down 2 1/2 inches, and pin
3. find the center of you belt and pin your loop on either side of the belt center line, leaving a 1/4 inch gap between the pins
4. sew ribbon to belt over pins creating a 1/4 inch gap of visible belt
5. center and flatten ribbon loop and pin down
6. measure 2 1/2 inches from belt center line and mark. this is your new “center line”. lay side ribbon flat to belt up to your new center line. create a new 2 1/2 inch loop as in step 2 and follow through to step 5. repeat to the end of your belt in both directions. I ended with a half fold on both ends, as seen below. sew the end of your ribbon with a 1/4 inch seam where it ends up for you before pinning it down trimming off any excess. your flattened loops should just touch each other, as seen below.
7. with all of your loops flattened sew a straight line down the center length of your belt
8. starting with your center loop fold up the bottom half.
9. fold down the top half of the loop
10. pin folds in place on either side of the center line
11. working from either side of the center loop alternate the order of folding up or down the loop first. on the center loop we folded the loop up first, so on the loops to the side of it fold down first and then up. continue alternating to both ends. sew the centers in place with a short tack.
12. unpin. trim excess frayed edges and threads. wear and love.
(stay tuned for alternate belt ideas)