4.11.2010

Bleach Stencils

Today's great stencil idea comes from none other than the craft queen herself, Martha Stewart. Instead of using a fabric paint to display her graphic, she takes away the color of the shirt with a Clorox bleach pen to reveal her design. If you don't have the time or desire to watch all 8 minutes or so just skip all of her chit chat and start watching the actual process by forwarding to 3 minutes and 30 seconds. She uses a purchased stencil, but a freezer paper one works just as well.

5 comments:

  1. I was curious about the anti-chlor she mentions so I looked it up and I found this website quite helpful (and scientific, if anyone has that kind of bent):
    http://www.pburch.net/dyeing/FAQ/neutralizingdischarge.shtml

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygoodness! What happens next?
    I love all of the bleach pen projects I've seen so far. I've tried it twice, and both times all of the color was gone from my fabric in minutes, maybe even seconds I found myself racing to the sink to rinse it out and never quite made it in time. I always wanted some color to stay. People leave it on for hours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bleach stencils, what an interesting concept! I can't wait to try it out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [19 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice blog thanks foor posting

    ReplyDelete