6.01.2010

Yoga bags between friends


You may notice that these photos are not from China. Yes, I cheated, but I am having a baby any second. In the final weeks of the move my good friend Shawn and I decided to make yoga bags. We had taken yoga together for a while, before I got pregnant and fell off the wagon. The class was really inspiring and deserved a beautiful handmade yoga bag. (This was a no makeup, no retakes kind of a day. Oh, us pasty Southern girls)

Our class as from 6 to 7:15 AM on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays. It was on the second floor of a performing arts center, in the ballet room. One whole wall was a window, facing east. Our instructor, another neighborhood friend, is from South Africa. Imagine for a moment a beautiful South African accent singing you through movements. It is pitch black outside when you arrive, but as you move the sun begins to rise over the mountains. Ahhhh.

Shawn is a beginning sewer, but with only a little guidance was able to make her way through this project. I am thankful once again to creative people who are willing to share their brains for free. Thank you Amy Butler. Click here for her free yoga bag pattern. You will need to down load it and print it. Shawn and I will walk you through the project this month. Shawn’s bag is made as prescribed by the pattern and I will show you how to make the alterations I did for my bag if you should want to. Have a happy downward dog on me today. I on the other hand will be working on dialation.



2 comments:

  1. LOL I am originally South African and I must say I've never heard anyone refer to my accent as "beautiful" or "singing". Many people have called it harsh/hard, others have called me British/Australian. Thanks :)

    This will looks like it will be a fun project! Going to snag the pattern now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. The link isn't working above, here it is. Clicking on Free Pattern > Sewing patterns will open a pop up window.

    ReplyDelete