9.28.2010

Something I made : Elastic Waist Skirt

I just thought I would share one of the things I have made recently with all of you. I love it when really easy projects are so popular in the ready to wear world. I see elastic waist skirts everywhere in the stores and they are SO easy to make. I just used the same process as the bottom half of my vintage lace dress found here. But there are lots of similar tutorials in the sewing blog world to be found. The only difference is that I made it a little wider for more fullness and I put in some pockets which I think are a must in full skirts. I love the way it turned out. I also used some type of a rayon blend this time which lets the skirt twirl and flow a bit more.

I have a feeling that this skirt will be transitioning with me with leggings into fall this year.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous28.9.10

    love it!! I just saw these at Belks. Where did you find the elastic waist bands?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous28.9.10

    Oh btw the skirt at belks was 48.00!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can find the wide (1 1/2 or 2 inch) at Joannes or your local fabric store. you buy it by the yard.

    ReplyDelete