I finally finished this little dress this morning in time for my daughter to wear it to church. She was very excited. I'm pleased with how it turned out. I think its a little snug in the sleeve area but that's something I could easily adjust next time around. I think this is one of those projects that you just have to get through the first one and work out all the kinks. The next one will most likely be a bit easier. I love the tip about double-stitching the hem. It makes such a big difference and I will be adding that to all my clothing projects!
I used an old shirt of my husband's that he got a thrift store in New Zealand. It took a little convincing to get him to let me use it. He hadn't worn it in a while and the sleeve and a large tear in it, so I thought I would put it to better use. It looks like it has blue in it but it is actually just a faded black so that is why I did a black waistband. I think she looks like a little country girl on the farm. This was my first project with the blog and I'm looking forward to the next one!