9.30.2009

Sometimes things just don't work out


I am sorry to say that this maxi dress just didn't work out for me. Bad enough that I am not even going to show you the final project. I am a bit embarassed about it. Luckily my sister Rian was able to take the reins and make most of the posts this month. And hers turned out great. Mine on the other hand turned out matronly and dumpy. Hopefully I can cut it up and do something with the fabric in the future.

All in all it was a good reminder to me that I have a lot to learn. So here is to some simple pillows next month. (thank goodness I need it)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I feel so bad for you. I have done the same myself so many times. At the moment I don't even dare make anything for myself. Pillows sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A) I can't sew, so I think pretty much anything you do is awesome.

    B) I think I could learn to make some great pillows, though! Hmm . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure it is just the cut of the dress. I love maxi dresses *in theory* but my 4'11" frame and real woman hips makes them all look like circus tents. :(

    On a happy note, the pillows are very seasonal! Great for handmade Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet you it's not as bad as you think. Besides, some of the best things are ones you look back on and learn from. Though it totally sucks when you whip something together only to totally hate it at the end. You should check out my review of this Simplicity dress... it was so awful that the pictures cannot do it justice. AND I've been sewing clothing for myself for 15 years!

    ReplyDelete