9.30.2009

For next summer...


Luckily I finished this project in time to use it once. I made my maxi dress as a swimsuit cover-up, thought I really could wear it else where. The one time involved a day at the local lake, complete with BBQ, boating, and digging in a somewhat rocky sand. The maxi dress preformed perfectly. I felt bleach elegant. I picked my fabric just for such occasions and as desired there was no wrinkling, sand brushed right off, and it gave the breezy swish. Too bad it started to snow today (only briefly, but still). I await the warm summer days of 2010 to resurrect the maxi dress.
As a review of this pattern you do need to be careful of the gappiness under the arms and after seeing the back in this picture I am going to add a hook-&-eye just above the top of the zipper as it appears to be pulling open a little.


6 comments:

  1. SNOWING?!?! Where on earth do you live??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rian your maxi turned out awesome. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a really wonderful dress. And it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beautiful back...so elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how it looks. Great selection on the fabric and very flattering! Wondering if the maxi dress will be around next summer. I missed the boat on this one

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous7.10.09

    Your dress looks great. Very flattering and elegant. I had the same problem with the back on mine. I couldn't work out how to do the buttonhole thread thing so I put an hook-and-eye at the top instead which made it worse!!!! It just kept flopping open - oh well, luckily I was at a function with a lot of friends!

    ReplyDelete