4.24.2010

Stencil Your Cause

I happened to spend this afternoon at Tienanmen Square and the Forbidden City with my brother who is visiting. On our exit we happened to cross paths with two female Buddhist monks dressed in their traditional long grey frocks. They were beautiful. Maybe it is their devotion that makes me smile, but I love seeing their freshly shaved scalps in the sun. When I lived in Taiwan, some eight years ago, monks were a common place sight, however, here in China they are a rarity and even surprise. When I saw the stencil below I was both inspired to craft for a cause and left with the same grin as this afternoon on my face. Rich, the designer of the below stencil writes:

"I've created a source for stencil images of marching monks to support the 'Saffron Revolution' in Burma, at the suggestion of a friend who has been living on the Thai-Burma border with student rebels for many years. I made it simple so it's easy to use."



No matter what your cause may be, stencil and stand for something. For more information on Free Burma and other causes go to www.justseeds.org.


2 comments:

  1. Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [24 Apr 02:00pm GMT]. Thanks, Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea Rian. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete