11.16.2010

Mad Men Sew Along Anyone?


It's that time again - Christmas party time. And what better excuse to make a stunning dress than a Christmas party?

I love Mad Men and all of the great style that comes along with it, which is why I was thinking that it would be fun to do a Mad Men inspired sew along. We could make a simple sheath dress - one of the easiest things to make as well as one of the most flattering.

Rian and I decided that we are only going to do a few sew along's a year now to make sure they are really well done, and to hopefully get lots of you joining in. That being said, we only want to do it if you are excited so please let us know if you are.

15 comments:

  1. Anonymous16.11.10

    Love it, count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous16.11.10

    YES!!!!! I would love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, that would be awesome. I just FINALLY set up my sewing room too, so I'm ready!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES! I would love it!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love love love it!!!I love that era of style!
    I would most definitely follow along!
    I'm a first time commenter but a long time reader!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heck and to the YES!!!! I was already leaning toward Butterick 6582 for a holiday party dress... it's vintage, so maybe that one will work for your sew along? If not, I'll just sew it anyway since it's in the right era. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, count me in!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes, i would love this, too. excited to see what y'all pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous16.11.10

    Yes yes yes yes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would love to make this! Kelly, you already coached me through making the cutest skirt in my closet...this project looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete