11.20.2009

Jessica's fourth headband and a little bird


My last headband for the week is my favorite...I have been wanting to try this combination of fabrics for a while, and this seemed like the perfect opportunity.
I used the same technique as for the reversible headband {link--http://presserfoot.blogspot.com/2009/11/reversible-headbands-tutorial.html}. The band is made up of a cotton print on one side and a bias-cut scrap of a sweater, which I interfaced for stability, on the other. I made the ties out of the print fabric, and then added my favorite part, the little pink birdie!
I scanned a scrap of the print into the computer and then enlarged it so that the bird was about 2" x 1.5". Then, I cut him out of a felted sweater scrap that I'd fused (with Steam-a-Seam) to some more of the printed cotton. A bead eye and a little bit of stitching later...


and this sweet little headband is complete.

Did I mention that it's my favorite of all?

However, it's wee-person-sized, and my wee person is a boy...so I'm giving it away! Head over to my blog {link--
http://justgiveitago.blogspot.com/2009/11/my-first-giveaway.html} to enter to win it (plus a couple of other little goodies).

What fun it's been to blog in this space this week...many thanks to Kelli & Rian for having me. Happy headbanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment