3.29.2011

Confession and a Promise

So first for the confession. Remember the Mad Men dress that I started forever ago? Well, I just can't finish it. I have tried and tried and the truth is that it is just the ugliest thing I have ever made. My fabric choice was a disaster and I just can't bring myself to finish a garment that I know I will never wear. I hope you will forgive me. I plan on chopping the bottom off and making a skirt and I will show you once I do.

Now to make it up to you I have an awesome tutorial to show you tomorrow. I made this nautical headband over the weekend and I can't wait to show you how easy it is. Check in tomorrow morning for the full tutorial.

16 comments:

  1. I never finished mine either! I made up the muslin and the fit was awful on me and I don't know enough about tailoring to make it fit. I think I was imagining that I'd look like the girl on the envelope but no dress is going to make me look like that. Anyway, thanks for showing how to change the neckline and sleeve length- it gave me confidence to try it on other patterns. And that is a pretty headband.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. cc Feel free to visit my website

    ReplyDelete

  3. I don’t know how many hours I’ve been searching for a simple article like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job for publishing such a beneficial web site

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting this educative writeup.

    ReplyDelete

  7. I really like your means of blogging.

    ReplyDelete

  8. Your Blog is awesome. Really appreciate your work!

    ReplyDelete

  9. I realized a lot of things using this

    ReplyDelete

  10. Thank you for always writing good things.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wonder why the other experts of this sector don’t notice this. You should continue your writing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am confident, you have a huge readers’ base already!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful post however , I was wanting to know if you could write a litte more on this subject

    ReplyDelete
  14. ? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further. Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is in point of fact a nice and helpful piece of info.

    ReplyDelete