4.29.2011

One Pattern Seven Ways - #2

For my second version of this pattern I decided to go a little retro with the sweatheart neckline. I first fell in love with this look through Collette pattern's Macaron dress and since then have seen it in several other designer looks.



To make this adjustment I simply drew the line that I wanted for the sweatheart. Then I added 5/8" to the bottom of the yoke pattern piece (white fabric) and then 5/8" to the top of the main pattern piece (floral fabric) for seam allowance. Otherwise I sewed the pattern up like normal. I did double the white fabric to prevent any see-throughness which also allowed me to omit the facings. Here are a couple of pics of the cutting process.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous29.4.11

    Very cool idea, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous29.4.11

    What a creative way to sew up this pattern! It is *so* cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up this pattern today, just so I can make these tops for myself! I've had a hard time finding something to wear while teaching Sunday School.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I really need to get over my fear of the Macaron and just start mine already...

    ReplyDelete