For version five of Simplicity 2599 I wanted to try something like this Anthropologie top. I must say that I am really happy about the way that this one turned out. I am going to be trying it again, but next time I will use a much more drapey fabric like a rayon. This cotton lawn keeps it pretty boxy. Although I think that this tucked into a high-waisted jean or skirt would be pretty fantastic.
To make this shirt I first made a new pattern for the neckline by sketching my desired neckline and then adding 5/8" for seam allowance.
Then I made two ties by cutting two strips about 3 inches wide, folding them in half, and then turning the tube right side out.
I then sewed them into the shoulder seam about and inch out from the neckline.
Next I cut out a long piece (about 1/3 longer than the neckline) that had a flat bottom and curved top peaking at 3 inches.
Sew right sides together and then gather the bottom edge.
Now attach to the bodice and press inwards.
Last thing to do is add single fold bias tape (I made my own but you could just use store bought).