3.17.2009

2nd Project


Hopefully most of you will be able to finish up your bags over the weekend. We are going to go ahead and get going on our second project - a peasant blouse. The pattern # is McCalls 5388 and it will be on sale this Thursday-Saturday (March 19-21) at Joannes for $1.99.

Here are a few peasant tops I found in retail that might inspire you and give you ideas for making it a little unique. (click the image to make it larger)



1. Anne Taylor - $54.50
2. Loeffler Randall - $275.00
3. Tracy Reese - $300.00
4. Anthropologie - $58.00
5. Forever 21 - $19.80
6. Anne Taylor - $24.99
7. Macy's $39.98
8. ING - $28.50
9. Gap - $28.00
10. Kennith Cole - $79.00
11. Michael Cors - $109.50
12. Macy's - $69

I found most of these through shopstyle and eluxury, my new favorite sites. They are great places to get ideas.

More to come later today: what to buy.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not gunna lie.
    This scares the crap outta me. I have never successfully made a top for myself.
    I'm gunna do it! But it might be a disater!
    Just warning you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you will do great. That is the beauty of the peasant top. It is super forgiving. And there are no zippers, buttons, etc... I think you will be surprised at how easy it actually is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a time in my life when I made absolutely everything that I wore, but it has been AGES since I made any clothes for myself...this might just be the push that I need... BUT first I have to make my bag!!! smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so excited. Next big problem...what fabric to choose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous14.12.09

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete