10.08.2009

Pillow Fabric


Here is my fabric! I am really excited because I have been holding on to the yellow bird fabric for a long time. I saw it on line and loved it, so I bought it. Then it sat in my stack of fabrics waiting for me. The colors pull from a family picture collage that hangs above my couch. A few weeks ago my older sister (Kelli is my younger) was kind enough to watch my kids while I went fabric shopping at a quilt shop in her city. I knew I wanted some type of textured pillow and so pulled the white squared chenille from the baby section. The brown dots caught my eye just as I was about to give up. Sometimes it's hard to find amongst so many choices. And finally the green is a left over scrap from a prototype I was sewing for a company many moons ago. I'm planning on using the green for an applique on the brown dot fabric to add a little interest. Any suggestions on what to applique?

5 comments:

  1. Monogram style initials are so pretty on pillows. Maybe that as an applique?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think a bird would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe some sort of leaf for Fall? I like the bird idea as well -

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the leaf idea - trying to figure out if there are good examples but I never have a good way of keeping track of those good ideas I see. the fabrics are great and I can't wait to see how they turn out!

    ReplyDelete